Helping Anne Salinas recover from Guillain-Barre syndrome
Our aims are:
- To create a greater awareness and knowledge of Dementia in Marlow.
- To be a strong voice and a resource for Marlow people living with dementia, their carers and loved ones.
- To hold Dementia awareness raising activities and education sessions in Marlow.
- To encourage local organisations businesses and individuals to join the MMDF project to help us, in whatever way they can, to achieve the above aims.
Our achievements so far are:
- Our work in MMDF has included increasing awareness of dementia in the community through holding many Dementia Friends Information (DFI) sessions, for individuals, businesses and organisations.
- We have helped create over 50 Dementia Champions to go out into their communities, especially Marlow, to deliver more DFI sessions and help as ‘local ambassadors’
- Participated in local events such as Love Marlow, May Fayre, Marlow Carnival & Late Night Shopping
- Helped set up a central public information contact point at Marlow Library
- Received support from many wonderful organisations including Marlow Town Council, other Councils, local shops, various community groups, hotels, restaurants and numerous businesses
- During the C-19 crisis, we are providing regular friendly calls from our team of local volunteers to check general welfare, offer practical help (including the collection of shopping or prescriptions) as well as signposting to professional information and assistance, including a care helpline and MMDF Information Guides
Please visit the MMDF website for up to date information www.mmdf.co.uk