Our aims are:
- To create a greater awareness and knowledge of Dementia in Marlow.
- To be a strong voice and a resource for Marlow people living with dementia, their carers and loved ones.
- To hold Dementia awareness raising activities and education sessions in Marlow.
- To encourage local organisations businesses and individuals to join the MMDF project to help us, in whatever way they can, to achieve the above aims.
Our achievements so far are:
- We have helped to train 17 ‘Dementia Champions’ to deliver Dementia friends information sessions - the next
- Champion Induction Day is on 10th March - places are available
- We have facilitated and helped to run many free Dementia Friends Information sessions in Marlow
- We have participated in local events such as Love Marlow, May Fayre, Marlow Carnival & Late Night Shopping
- We have helped set up a central public information contact point at Marlow Library
- We have received support from many wonderful organisations including Marlow Town Council, other Councils, shops, various community groups, hotels, restaurants and numerous businesses